Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Throne of Glass

Title: Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Release Date: August 7th, 2012
My Rating: 5/5

Well then.
Holy. Mother. You. Must. Read. This. Book. Now. It was amazing. It definitely has a spot on my favorites shelf and I am so excited to read the next 4 to 5 books. The world is amazing. It is the perfect mix of fantasy and history. Sarah J. Maas created an exciting book that I am definitely a supporter of.

The main character, Celaena, is the most feared assassin in the entire country. When she is 17, she is captured and sent to a death camp. Somehow, she survives a year, and the Crown Prince comes to recruit her to fight in a competition to become the kings personal assassin.

This is a fast-paced, adventure-filled book that really deserves a read. I couldn't put it down.

If you haven't read this book, I insist you go find it and read it, then come back and read the rest of my review!


**SPOILERS**

Gosh, I can't even think about what to write, there is so much going to my head. 

I LOVED the love triangle in this book. Dorian, Chaol, Celaena. I'm totally team Chaol, but there's no way I can't love Dorian also. I mean come on, he got her a puppy. A PUPPY. In every love triangle, there is always the playful guy, and the serious guy. Dorian is definitely the playful one and Chaol the serious one. 

Next I want to talk about Arobynn, the king of assassins, if you will. At first I thought he was a cool guy. He took in the orphaned Celaena, and raised her as his own. But as the book goes on, we start seeing more insight to his true character. He trains her to be ruthless, breaking her own hand, paying him back for his training, and running his errands. I really hope we see more of him in the next books. 

In the beginning, I was very confused by the magic aspect. There are Wyrdmarks, which seem like runes in a way, then there is the black ring aspect used by Perrington and the King. This black magic can apparently control the thoughts of others, as seen with Kaltain. 

Some of my favorite scenes were the tests.  Especially the test where they climb the wall. I loved seeing Celaena save Nox. This was the first scene where we see the true talent and strength Celaena has.  

I loved the bond of Celaena and Nehemia. Celaena was able to have a gal-pal, who turns out to be a bad-ass magician that saves her life multiple times. I can't wait to see their relationship grow as the story continues. 

I also can't wait to see Queen Elena. I want more explanations of all her actions in this book, and I think we will get them in the next books. (I also think Elena and Celaena are related. Yay!) 

I have undying love with this book and can't wait to continue it. I suggest it to everyone. 

Until next time, Keep Reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment