Sunday, April 27, 2014

Die For Me

Title: Die For Me
Author: Amy Plum
Release Date: May 10th, 2011
Rating: 1/5

Hello everyone!
Up next is Die For Me by Amy Plum. For the first time ever, I will shamefully admit that I did not finish this book. I know, I know. How can I truly be a book lover if I ever put a book down before the last page? Well, I'll tell you.

Let me start out by saying that for the longest time I was genuinely intrigued by this book, I just never had the time to pick it up. I am always intrigued by books that take place in far away places like Italy, Spain, Rome, and in this case, Paris, France. The cover also helped (I think it's gorgeous.) However, once I started reading it I realized how incredibly cheesy it was. My first clue was that the two characters instantly fall in love. Second, every other event is skipped except those that have to do with our hero of the story. By the time I was on page 100, it felt like I was reading a Twilight spin off written by a 12 year old. I know that sounds incredibly harsh, but if you've ever tried to crack this book open, you know why. The plot is poorly thought out, the dialogue is extremely cheesy and hard to follow, the actions are those of a pre-teen in love. The only aspect I enjoyed was the Sci-fi zombie-angels.



This is one book I would not recommend to anyone over the age of 13.

Sorry for the rude and spiteful feeling of this review, I was just very disappointed. If you have read and enjoyed this book, just remember that we may just have different tastes!

Until next time, Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment