Thursday, May 8, 2014

Unravel Me

Title: Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: February 5th, 2013
Rating: 5/5

Alright Everyone.
Let me start out by saying before I start going crazy, the first part of this review will be non-spoiler. The half with spoilers will be below the picture. Thank you.
Holy Crow. If you have never heard of the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi, then you have been camping out under a rock in the deepest part of the major ocean trenches. These books are loved by many and it is obvious why that is. About two minutes and 36 seconds ago, I closed the last page in Unravel Me, the second installment of this beautiful trilogy. You need to pick these books up now. Seriously. A few years ago I fell in love with Shatter Me, and I am ashamed to admit that it has taken me this long to get my hands on the second book. They are both absolutely amazing and beautiful, and eye-opening, and wonderful, and crazy, and adventurous, and lovable. I will admit, the romance between Juliette and Adam may be a little cheesy at times, but I am totally willing to look over that detail considering what happens during this book. Let's just say, there is trouble in paradise.
There is only one negative thing I have to say about this book. Okay, maybe two. But the second is so small it doesn't really count. First, I just was not sucked into this book until around 150 pages. I couldn't tell you why that is but I just could not get into it. It was probably because nothing really happened, but after that, I flew through the pages. It got so good incredibly fast. Ugh fell in love. The second minor problem I have is that it seems these books end and begin at really random pages. Like in this book, Unravel Me ended but it didn't feel like the end. So I continued reading the excerpt to the third book, Ignite Me, and that is where I feel the book should have really ended. I could not have gone a few more weeks without reading that excerpt. I felt abandoned and like I wasn't finished with the book yet. However, after reading the three chapters from Ignite Me, the feels are real, and they are potent.
Now I will continue on to the spoilers. If this is where you click off, then I severely recommend you get your hands on a copy of this book, preferably your own so you are free to carry it around with you wherever you go for the rest of your life.


*SPOILERS*



Now the real fun begins. 
OH MY GOD THE FEELS. They are real. Holy crap. Honestly. I really hope you guys have read this book so you can relate. The romance, the action, and emotions, the adventure, the danger. Holy cow. First there's Juliette and Adam. Then things go south when we discover that Juliette is actually hurting him. Obviously they can't be together. But then Juliette and Kenji start kind of having a flirtationship, but don't worry, that goes nowhere. They it's back to Adam, and then there might be something with Winston, but I really think that was part of my imagination. Then we meet Anderson and the whole scene with Adam and Anderson goes down where I was like "What?" But that doesn't really end up coming up again until almost the end of the book. And then, quite possibly one of my favorite things in the entire book but something that I didn't think I would enjoy. WARNER IS BACK.  I know, I know. When that first happened and we started hearing Juliette's steaming thoughts about him I was like Huh? But now I am totally in love. Throughout the entire novel, Juliette's feeling just took me on one huge emotional roller coaster ride, especially the end (am I right?). Sorry, I don't want to give too many spoilers away for anyone who just had to take a peek at this review. But I  was totally devastated to learn what happened while Juliette was ahem knocked out. I felt the need for revenge like she did, and now I crave, desire, and need the third book to find out what happens. 
At this point, there is only one question left to ask. 
Team Adam? or
Team Warren? 
(I'm 100% Team Warren). 
Tell me your feels in the comments. 

Sorry for sporadic nature of this review, but I'm still going off that reading high you get after a fantastic book. Anyways, 
Until next time, Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment