Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wait For You

Title: Wait For You (Wait For You #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout (writing as J. Lynn)
Release Date: February 26th, 2013
Rating: 4.3/5

Hey there,
As you all probably know, I am a huge fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout, so when I saw a SIGNED edition of one of her books at B&N I just had to pick it up. I had never heard of this book before and had no idea what it was about, that's how much I love her writing. This review is based off a re-read of Wait For You, so I did know what I was getting into for this review. I had fallen into a reading slump and felt like I needed a good contemporary to pull me out of it, and boy was I right in choosing this one.

I honestly have so much love for this book. It was very well written and hilariously funny. Like all of Armentrouts' characters, Cam and Avery are wittingly funny and always know the right (and realistic) things to say. This may be a love story, but unlike so many romance novels written today, it never reminded me of Twilight. It was very humorous but also had dark undertones that it touched in the plot. I really liked how it wasn't just a love story, we also dealt with issues Avery brought with her from the past.

On top of all that, this was also a very fast paced  book and a quick read. I'm serious. I picked it up yesterday and finished it this morning. I just could not put it down. It had me laughing and crying and wishing I could move to West Virginia.

This book is definitely one I would recommend to anyone, however, due to some graphic scenes, I suggest being over the age of 17. I only gave it a 4.3 because of the lack of adventure and the fact that nothing really happens unless Avery is with Cam (I like my strong female leads where I get to see their life without guys 24/7). It really is a fantastic book and worth the read.

Until next time, Keep Reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment