Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Eon

Title: Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon #1)
Author: Alison Goodmann
Release Date: December 26th, 2008
My Rating: 4.5/5


Hello all,
Today I have for you a review of Eon by Alison Goodmann. I picked up this book a few months ago on a book binge. After moving to college, I find that I have less and less time to read, so it has taken me awhile to get to this book. Once I got into it I didn't want to put it down (but reluctantly had to. Homework waits for no one!). Anyways, here we go.

I have always loved the Chinese/Asian culture. This book is in a made-up world, but it has that Asian cultural twist.

We follow a 12 year old boy named Eon as he attempts to become a Dragoneye. There are 12 dragons, and each year one of them chooses a new Dragoneye. One of the dragons, the Mirror Dragon, has not been seen in 500 years. Usually a Dragoneye can only see one of the 12 dragons, but Eon is special. He can see 11 of them. But there is one thing that Eon needs to keep a secret if he wants to become a Dragoneye. He is actually Eona, a 16 year old girl pulled from slavery to be trained to become a Dragoneye. The penalty for this; Death. Trouble up-rises in the kingdom and Eon must work with a fantastic group of characters to save the traditions of the Dragoneye.

This book thoroughly entertained me. There was never a dull moment. There was action, adventure, and comedy in a delightful mix. I absolutely loved Eon, even though she sometimes made decisions I wouldn't necessarily agree with. I found myself rooting for Ryko, Eon's guard throughout the entire book.

Usually I love a book with great romance, but this book didn't have any. Normally this would bore me to no end, but this book was so exciting I didn't even care. Yes, there is a lack of outright romance, but it hints at maybe a little something-something in the future ;).

I will definitely be looking forward to the next book. I recommend this book to anyone that loves fantasy and adventure.

I'm not going to be adding a spoiler section to this review, so this is it for today!

Until next time, Keep Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment