Tuesday, September 2, 2014

OPPOSITION!

Dun Dun Dun-Da!
Finally! It has come! the day you have been waiting for is here! That's right, my review of the fifth and final book of the Lux series, Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It has been a long time coming, I know. I have been reading this book for a long time (two weeks) because I have been busy moving in to college and getting used to the whole college life thing, but this morning I finished! I'm so excited to share my final thoughts of this beautiful series with you.

If you have not read the Lux series, go read them. If you have read them up to Opposition, stick around.

This book is full of comedy, drama, action, and multiple Harry Potter references. It all mixes together to form this great addition/finale to the series. I don't have enough good things to say about this book, so I'm going to jump to the spoiler section.

For those of you who haven't read it, this is me demanding you read it and get back here to discuss.


**SPOILERS**

Alright everyone. I am so sad to see this series go. I loved it so much and can't believe it is finally over. All of the books are amazing and this book was no exception. If anything, I have just fallen even more in love with Daemon Black. 

In the beginning of the novel, I was very confused by the whole zombie-brain-luxen thing going on. At first I thought Daemon was going to stay all bad, but then we saw from his P.O.V. and knew that he still loved Katy. Daemon and Dawson are not brain-washed by the other luxen because they are connected to humans. Dee, on the other hand, gets sucked in and cant escape on her own. 

I'll admit, I'm getting kind of tired of Dee always being hostile. I wish there was one book where Dee and Katy just get to be best friends. I can't help but love Dee, yet she always pisses me off and starts crying in every book. 

I loved seeing the connection between Dawson and Bethany grow even stronger in this book. During Origin, I honestly thought that Katy would be pregnant too because there was a bunch of foreshadowing, but I'm glad it was only Bethany. I loved seeing baby Ashley in the epilogue, it gives us some insight to Luc and Archer's background and how they grew up. It also made me think that if the Daedalus children grew up in homes, they would be as normal as Ashley. 

I feel like I didn't see enough of Daemon and Katy's relationship in this book. They were either always fighting the Luxen, Katy was hurt and Daemon was comforting her, or they were having sexy-time. I miss the back and forth from the previous books. That is what really kept their relationship interesting to me. 

The action in this book seemed rather anti-climatic. Through out the entire series there was all this buildup, and I was just expecting more. During this novel, there was a lot of action so for the finale I was expecting something huge, but then it turns out that Katy just runs away and lets the Arum handle it. It seems like the biggest climax was when we find Katy's mom, and even then it was a short scene that didn't really have an impact on the book as a whole. I was just a little disappointed by this. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved this book entirely. It was action packed and kept me on my toes. I just think I liked the first book, Obsidian, the best. 

Overall, I would definitely tell you to read these books. They really are fast paced and worth your time. They are hilarious and witty and gut-wrenching. I really don't want to say goodbye to these books and wish I could read them for the first time again. They will always have a spot on my favorites shelf, that's for sure. 

Until next time, Keep Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment