Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Lightning Thief

Title: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
Author: Rick Riordan
Release Date: March 21st, 2005
My Rating: 5/5

Alright Everybody!

I'm finally done reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, and it was pretty amazing. It took me so long only because I am a new University student, and was getting used to college life. Otherwise, this book was so fast paced, I could barely keep up. I am most definitely now a Percy Jackson fan and cannot wait to finish the series. (By the way, I found a great box set at B&N for only $35).

This book kept me entertained the entire ride. It seemed like Riordan just jumped to the action. If the scene didn't have action in it, we only got a brief description and continued on to the good parts. That's one thing I loved about this book. I can't stand boring transition scenes.

The relationships between Percy, Annabeth, and Grover, developed very quickly. This meant we got to see the humor that true friends bring out in each other. They weren't afraid to throw insults at one another. This trio reminded me of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Percy, the hero, Grover, the comedic relief, and Annabeth the genius.

Riordan created a world full of myth, action, and anticipation. I absolutely loved how much I learned about Greek mythology and what it means to be a hero.

This is one of the only books I've read that I would recommend to readers of all ages. In fact, I'm about to force it onto my own younger siblings. I suggest after you read it, you do the same. I'm not going to insert a spoiler section, so don't worry to those who haven't read it yet. I'd love for you to find a way to contact me to discuss what you thought of the book! I love discussions. Feel free to leave comments!

Read this book.

Until next time, Keep Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment